Pages

Monday, January 7, 2019

What a wekend..

I have been holed up in my sewing area for a few days, kind of got lost I think. I started making a purely impulsive bag..no pattern, not for an order...just because. I got stuck at the almost finished state because I don't have the hardware on hand to finish it..probably because I didn't plan it..but whatever it's a great bag and I still think it's gonna be awesome...if I ever finish it.

Is that only me? I had crazy anxiety when I realized I didn't have the right size D rings/sliders to finish it. I kept thinking of ways I could "make it work". Of course, dismissing each of them because that's not what makes it right. So here I am. I've ordered the parts off amazon of course, and it should be here in the next month or so, they weren't on Prime. So that got folded and put on the "To Finish" shelf. A shelf that I'm sure not very many other people even have! I do though. I actually have a shelf that merely holds "recent" UFO's (unfinished objects, for those who may not know) and bins with the rest, randomly stored throughout the garage.  Since I had received 2 orders in the shop for 3 bags, I convinced myself it was ok to let that bag sit until the parts come. I hope I remember where it is when they do :)

I know January is a slow month in general. Even outside of my shop, it has always been the slowest month of the year to me. It's like it seriously never ends..how can the same amount of time seem like soooo much more? I know there are other months with 31 days but January...ugghhh! I am trying to keep myself busy this month and see if I can beat that feeling. This weekend went pretty fast, though, maybe there's a polar shift coming.

My Mr. worked all day Saturday, usually on Saturday if he even has to go in, it's only till after lunch. This time he stayed till a bit after 5, which is kinda good kinda meh..I mean yes any overtime is amazeballs, but until they get his pay scale adjusted, even overtime isn't what it should be. Plus, since he's had so much paid off time for the holidays, some of the overtime wasn't even really OT pay! Apparently, they have to have 40 hours worked, not just 40 hours paid, to get the time and a half pay for over 40 hours.

We were so excited when we first decided to change jobs. I think we are still excited for where it could go..just getting there from here..I'm hoping we aren't homeless before it changes.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have an amazing day! Let me know if your January goes by as slow as mine.

Until next time, even when it seems like things aren't changing, even if you feel like you just can't stand another day, even if it seems like the tears just won't stop....just keep breathing, just keep going, I do <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holidays are here again....uggh!

ugh! Here we are again, already a crappy holiday..Sophie ran away again on the 16th. This time she tried to say she saw a man coming in the ...