Pages

Friday, December 28, 2018

Working up new designs...finally!

I embroider. I love to sew and embroider. Now I've even started to really enjoy digitizing my own designs. I decided to start trying to digitize because my kids love lots of really obscure fandoms that I can't always find designs for to purchase. I would love to say I had to start digitizing because of demand in my Etsy shop but it isn't haha

I have been trying to make time to sit and digitize designs for some time now, since summertime! I have just always got so much happening it seems. It's like I have to leave the house every single day for some nonsense reason or another. Then I'll be out for hours, even if I just have to run to Kroger or Target..or Thor forbid the W place...My mom works there back home, and I still can't stand to go there. I only go when I have absolutely no other option.

I have 2 designs in my shop that sell...a Harry Potter bag and a Dungeons & Dragons bag with a clever Chaotic Stupid alignment saying. I love them but I have other bags that I love in the shop, that just don't sell. I have a list of things I should try to put in the shop to push things other than the 2 popular designs, but I am honestly thankful anything is selling! My hubby says he's so proud of me, and tries to make me see that I am really good at this...my inner me tells me he's just saying it because he has to, and I'm just lucky it was xmas time, other wise nothing would sell and I'll be seeing the bad reviews pouring in after the bags people bought are given as gifts....but I'll try to ignore the me and listen to hubby for now :)

I have started digitizing emblems from books we love called Seven Deadly Sins. It's on Netflix right now, but we have loved it since we read the books. My oldest said he wants to get the sin emblems as his first tattoos...I guess I'm glad he's planning ahead..right?

I'm not even sure what I will do with the designs when I get them right...maybe I'll just make patches for the kids or just embroider them onto their bags..who knows.

Otherwise, for most items that I plan to sell, I have a few digitizers I absolutely love to buy my designs from, because they are amazing talents and everything I get from them stitches beautifully every time, so it really isn't worth the effort of doing it myself, when I can throw a few dollars in their account and have a perfect design ready to stitch..definitely saves me hours and is worth every penny!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Holidays are here again....uggh!

ugh! Here we are again, already a crappy holiday..Sophie ran away again on the 16th. This time she tried to say she saw a man coming in the ...