Pages

Friday, May 10, 2019

Like I needed one more thing to do with all the time I don't have...

With all the financial challenges, and with my Mr. getting ready to be taking a considerable pay cut, again...I've been trying to make the most of what little time I can find to do things, and do things that are helpful and productive, and possibly will bring in a little extra money.

While, looking through patterns online for something new to put up in the shop, I came across an ad for a transcription company. I have training in medical transcription, and I love to just sit and type, so I looked into it, although, I was of course a little apprehensive, as I usually am when something looks like I may enjoy it and it could be profitable :)

After some research, I decided it could work, I can surely find a few minutes to sit and listen and type, right? Yea yea I can.

I filled out the application, took the test and waited...unexpectedly very anxiously, like I was 16 again hoping that the manager at Friendly's would think I was good enough to be a hostess or server. It was weird.

I passed, and went on to the site, and started doing some little jobs that are available to all the new people, and went through them easily, and got perfect scores, and received an email saying I could access the next tier of jobs, because my work was so accurate and proper. I admittedly was way more excited than I should've been..I took a screenshot of the email, and immediately sent it to my Mr. and said "look, I'm so amazing I get to do the harder jobs!" It was a weird thing to see myself say..but I'll take any little accomplishment these days.

Mostly, I'm still sewing, but this is a nice little way to have a little money pop in on Mondays.

I am actually, working on a test pattern right now as well, for Annelaine Patterns. It's a super cute little dress. I think it's adorable, and it happens to be one of the easiest dresses I've ever made. Well, this particular style is, there is a scallop hem option that is worrying me a bit, so I didn't choose to do that one, I get crazy OCD with hems, and I feel like that would just have been too much for me to deal with, especially on a test. I made the long sleeve option, and it is adorable. I will also add, that if you don't have a serger, and you make clothing, you should seriously consider getting a serger if it is in your budget. I found mine for about $80 on a local facebook marketplace, and have really barely used it to it's full potential I'm sure, but for my bags and clothing...I am just not sure why I didn't try harder to get one sooner. It makes hemming so easy for me, and I love how the inside seams look now on the kids pajama pants and the shirts and dresses for my daughter. Definitely worth the $80.

Well, I think that's all my exciting news for now...I'm going to go get started sewing up some new bags, and hopefully I'll have more to write about soon :)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are all well and happy. Remember, to love your people, check in with those you might have lost touch with, remember everyone needs someone to check in and remind them they are important and loved.

Until next time, keep going, keep loving, keep breathing..one day at time..I will be too <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holidays are here again....uggh!

ugh! Here we are again, already a crappy holiday..Sophie ran away again on the 16th. This time she tried to say she saw a man coming in the ...