Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Exciting new venture and blood pressure medicine?

I have some pretty exciting news.

I've been asked to collaborate on a subscription box!

I would love to say she found me because of my Etsy shop, or maybe even my facebook page, but that's not the case :)

I posted on my neighborhood facebook groups page, that I was trying to raise $120 for a surprise gift for my son, and that I could offer seamstress or embroidery services if anyone needed anything. This one lady messaged me and asked about making little bags and pin cushions for her subscription boxes.

I was ecstatic that anyone even answered it at all.

I am trying to get tickets to take my son to a YouTuber event in August. There are only 84 out of 100 left. He will be able to meet most of his favorite music and gaming content creators. I was crushed when I saw that there were only 100 tickets available for the event, and even more devastated when I realized I was going to need $120 to purchase 2 tickets because he's only going to be 17 on the date of the event, so I can't send him by himself, still being a minor.

I know some of you may be saying, oh that's just silly, it's not worth that much money to meet youtube people...I'm sure it may not be to a lot of people. But it is to us. I know it would be an amazing memory for my son to have. I'm a big believer in giving my kids memories over things. I would much rather spend money doing something with them, than buying another video game.

So, this lady messaged me, asked me about bags and pin cushions, both are items I'm very competent at making, and also said she could really use me in just about any of her boxes, if I would be willing to help her out.

She is a small business, and only curates from other local small businesses as well. I love that. She has shut down sign ups because she wasn't able to do anymore by herself, so she has a waiting list of people that want these boxes. I am so excited to be contributing to something like this.

Other than this news, I've been working on a test pattern for Annelaine Patterns, I have started a new cross stitch project, and I've been doing transcribing in between.

The Mr. likes his new job, looks like it will be much better than the last one. I got to go in for the first day of orientation, and the HR and management people are amazing, the workers are so welcoming. It was great to hear from people that have been working there for over 20 years that they are still happy and think it is a great company to work for.

I have also been given blood pressure medicine, because my blood pressure hasn't gone back down since having my baby last June. I am not sure how I feel about this yet...I think I just feel old, haha. I have maintenance medicine...the pharmacy called me to get all of my "maintenance medicines" on the same schedule to make pick ups more convenient. I need medicine to maintain myself? Yeah, I definitely feel a little old now :D 

I hope anyone who stops by to read this, is doing well, feeling positive and moving along one foot in front of the other, one day at a time. I am so thankful for all who stop by and read. I hope you know it isn't always going to be as hard as it may be today.

Until next time, keep breathing, keep going, I will be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holidays are here again....uggh!

ugh! Here we are again, already a crappy holiday..Sophie ran away again on the 16th. This time she tried to say she saw a man coming in the ...