Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Little road trip for a cute little vintage sewing machine.

I've been searching for a new embroidery machine so I can expand my items in my shop and for craft fairs. So many designs that I love are for 5x7 and larger, and until now I've only had a brother that only does 4x4. It's a great little machine, and it stitches well and I can do just about anything...as long as it's small.

The Mr. said I could look around and as long as I found one that was not crazy expensive, we'd see if I could manage it into the budget. Well, I of course fell in love with a Husqvarna Viking Ruby machine, that is sooooo nice, however, it is at least $1800 and that's for an iffy transaction. These easily average $2200-$3000..USED! 

While I was searching Viking Ruby yesterday, this adorable vintage sewing machine pops up in the feed and it's listed for $100...

I know what you're saying, "I thought you wanted an embroidery machine??"

And I would reply, "yes. I do. However, this is a vintage sewing machine, that I've never seen before..I'm certain if I had seen it before I would be looking for it now to purchase!"

It was about 2 hours away from me..that was a minor deterrent once the gentleman accepted my offer of $60.

So off we went, my 12 yr old, 10 yr old, 4 yr old and myself.  
It was a pretty uneventful drive up thankfully, e
xcept of course, the people who do not know how to use their headlights in the rain!

Seriously folks, if you are in a light colored vehicle especially, but any vehicle, and it is raining, you should have your headlights on...if you don't your a terrible driver! There I said it.

It's been raining for so long here. The river is about to flood downtown and it is still raining soooo much. 

The whole trip took us about 7 hours, and once I got home, I couldn't wait to get my machine set up and see how it stitched. Honestly, I wanted to see IF it stitched.  

It came with a little stack of books, the foot pedal and the cams! Yea CAMS. It's a cam sewing machine, from the 70's..I love this thing so much.

It stitches beautifully. So smooth. So straight. So quiet! Which was a surprise. I do need to get a new hook for my bobbin, as this one is worn and it clanks a bit while sewing. But even with that $83 piece, I'm still very happy with the price of the machine.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you :-) I'm like that with gardening gear and plants.... if I saw it before, of course I would have been looking to purchase it now :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could grow plants, my 12 yr old loves to garden :) <3

      Delete

Holidays are here again....uggh!

ugh! Here we are again, already a crappy holiday..Sophie ran away again on the 16th. This time she tried to say she saw a man coming in the ...