Pages

Monday, January 21, 2019

Wow another weekend is gone already!!

I cannot believe how fast it seems like time is going this month!

I can't believe it is almost February! It's crazy.

My husband has been working days since he started at LG, after 15 years on 2nd shift with his last company. I really wasn't sure if I would like him being on 1st shift, but maybe that's why time is flying by so quickly.

I have been trying to get work done on designs, stitching up projects, and general life stuff with the kids of course. The weather has been pretty nice for this time of year as well, until yesterday. It rained allll day yesterday. Today we woke up to 30 degrees and some light snow on the ground. Nothing exciting really, just enough to make a mess, as it melts today and tomorrow.

This weekend was exciting in that my hubby came up with a new idea for me to work on for the shop. I mean, yea it's not like I don't have enough to do, but this seems exciting and I really can't wait to share it with you guys!

We were also talking about a Patreon page. I don't really know much about that idea yet, but I will be investigating and I'll post about it this week. I don't know that anyone would want to pay for any of my info/tutorial stuff since there is an entire interweb with soooo much endless free stuff...but my Mr says, hey we could try it, see how it goes...and he usually has really good ideas so I think I'll at least look into it.                                                                                                                           

  I did work up a sleep mask and a new bag design this weekend. I love the purse. I will tweak the strap design a little...maybe make it a cross body bag...and I really want to design some embroidery to liven up the outside. Or maybe I will just find a nice print canvas to use next time. But, hey that's why I stitch up test projects right? The kids are always fighting over everything I take in when I make something new, it's kinda funny.

The sleep mask is pretty spot on for a first run, I don't know if I want to put  them in the shop because I'm not confident about the elastic working for everyone. I cut it to 12.25 inches, and it is perfect for my head, and a just fits my 13 yr old, but I'm worried someone could get one and be unhappy if the elastic isn't tight enough OR too tight..so that will go in the desk drawer for now, I'll revisit that one later.

I love the purse. I love the lining and the pockets, and I even really like the stitch I did, I will do the handle differently, and I will also use some other outer fabrics, but overall I think that one is pretty good as well.

Please excuse the garage mess in the back of the pics, I grabbed some quick pictures while my daughter was out here since I moved my mannequin into the closet! I'm still trying to sort and organize all my stuff since I moved everything out here to give room in the kitchen for a dining table...I'm hoping in the next house I won't have to share my space with anyone/anything else...I might even build a secret door! haha

Let me know what you guys are working on, what kind of things you're doing and have planned for this year, or just say "hi"..I'd love to hear from you and hear how you guys are getting on. I'm here, keeping on, still breathing, and still going...I hope you are too! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holidays are here again....uggh!

ugh! Here we are again, already a crappy holiday..Sophie ran away again on the 16th. This time she tried to say she saw a man coming in the ...