Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Test a new washer? yes please, and other normal life stuff

Wow...it's quiet here with only 7 kids haha 

Things were really way crazier than I realized with the cousins here. But it was still fun while it lasted.

We got to pick up a test washer over the weekend. It is one of the first made here in the US from LG. I've had my whirlpool duet front loading set for years, this one is a top loader, and it is amazing! I am super happy with it so far, you can follow along and see unwrapping videos and other info on the washer on my youtube channel TheStitchress 

Now we are settling into our routine of assessment testing and dr appointments and life as normal as it can be with such a large family.

I am starting to take my daughter to therapy on the 28th, and weekly after that. Hopefully we will be able to figure out why she has so much harder a time at just staying out of trouble than the boys. I am afraid they will say bi polar or something and that really worries me because her 2 cousins are bipolar with other issues sprinkled in and I'm not confident I can parent that.

I am a good mom. I mean you know, I don't day drink, I don't beat them, I don't really punish them as often as I probably should, and I've never tried to sell any of them for big macs, target gift cards or meth.

Hey, I guess I'm pretty good then.

My daughter has issues. I'm ok with that. I am learning that maybe I should've taken her in sooner to be diagnosed more seriously, and that is my big parenting fault at this point, I feel.

I was raised by my mom, a single mom, and she always said if she had to take me to the dr., that DCS would be called and I'd be taken away. Now, to clarify, she did have my older brother removed from the house when he was only a little over a year, so I can understand why she would be a little apprehensive. This was a different time too, her parents were different, society was different, I don't fault her for doing what she thought was best. I just wish she would've been able to get me help as a child.

So, I have had this sort of apprehension of taking the kids in for things unneccessarily.  I know they wouldn't have been removed from my home, but when my kids were smaller, it was kind of the time when the dr's were diagnosing every child that came through with something and I didn't want to be the mom that had my kids labeled for everything when they were just kids and there wasn't really a significant problem that needed diagnosing.

So, yea I did not parent that well. BUT I am attempting to rectify that parenting fail, with a parenting win and get any dr appointments we need and keep them and make sure I can get them any help they need. With the family background that we have between myself and my husband, I am now seeing that these problems we are having with the kids, may very well be more than just behavior. There are underlying problems that I need to seek help for and that doesn't make me a bad mom..right?

With my oldest, having Tourette's, I feel like that should be enough. I was allowed 1 special needs kid..not all of them should be special needs...but maybe that was wrong..we will see.

I hope all of you guys are having a great start to the new year, this month is actually flying by this year, so I am looking forward to summer already! Until next time, keep on breathing, keep on going, I do <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holidays are here again....uggh!

ugh! Here we are again, already a crappy holiday..Sophie ran away again on the 16th. This time she tried to say she saw a man coming in the ...