Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Thank you notes...SEND THEM!!!

I just spent about 30 minutes to send thank you notes for each gift that my family received from the JGXM 2018! I love love LOVE sending thank you notes! If you receive a gift, please send them a thank you note! It doesn't take much effort and I bet the person that sent that gift will really feel so much better about sending it...I would.



I remember a couple years ago, one of my husbands friends was having a baby, and my super thoughtful hubby says to me, "hey babe, why don't you knit them a blanket?" 

Inside I cringed, I knew that handmade gifts are just not received very well anymore, and I wasn't certain these people would be ones to appreciate it...but then I thought, well I would love it so they will too! Knit the thing! So I did, I went and found yarn, needles, a pattern..and stitched away..until I had a lovely blue marbly colored blanket, that I just loved so I knew they would at least like it.

I send it over to them via my hubby, to his friend & his wife, and waited patiently to hear back over the next couple of days....my hubby sees his friend every day at work so after about a week, I asked my hubby about it.."Hey did John or Melissa say anything about the blanket?" 

"no, why?" he replied

"oh no reason, just wondered if it was the wrong color or anything.." I said, hiding my disappointment and holding back the lump in my throat while feeling that all too familiar tingle in my face of impending tears.  I know that seems silly, and I must be such a sissy to let that kind of thing bother me..and maybe you're right..I am extremely sensitive. I know and acknowledge that I am one who definitely falls under the definition of an empath...although I don't know much else about those people..I should research that.


So of course, I was very distraught for a while about this and tried very hard to justify why they hadn't simply said "thank you"..I wasn't expecting them to gush about how beautiful the blanket was or how my skill as a knitter was just breathtaking! Although, they would have of course because it was and my skill is exceptional! haha <3 However, a simple thank you would've make me feel better. 

I even thought that maybe Melissa would've said thank you if we saw each other, because that's what women do, and surely this was just a miscommunication and her hubby just forgot to tell mine...blah blah blah...but it wasn't. I ran into her at Target, and she had her baby and older sons as well, we chatted for a bit, with no mention of the blanket..even as I mentioned how nice the blanket she had on her baby seat was..although it wasn't the beautiful hand knit one that I had spent hours knitting for her.

Oh well, another day where I cry the whole way home...and am greeted by my kids saying "what happened? Why are you sad? Did you see a stray animal you couldn't bring home?" 

Ok so the moral of the story...SEND THANK YOU NOTES!!! OR AT LEAST SAY THANK YOU IN PERSON IF YOU DON'T WANT TO USE A STAMP OR SEND AN EMAIL!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Holidays are here again....uggh!

ugh! Here we are again, already a crappy holiday..Sophie ran away again on the 16th. This time she tried to say she saw a man coming in the ...