Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2018

First Trip to VS in over 16 years

Ok I am not a girly girl, and I am not a trendy girl by and stretch of the imagination. I am, however, a comfortable girl. I am also, a big girl. I have 7 babies and haven't seen the light side of 200 lbs in over 16 years. Now, after 7 babies, I am suddenly shrinking!

I was simply going to return some bras I had purchased for my daughter, and be done, and when we got there, they had the 10/$35 offer posted up so I was thought I could get some for my daughter. She is 13 but is very sensitive to elastics, waistbands/legbands and such, so there are a few styles that do not bother her.

Upon looking through some of the very chaotic assortment of lace, microfiber and cotton, I realized that the XL size actually looked close to the size I had at home. As soon as I even mentioned I think these look pretty big, do you think they'd cover my bum? to my Mr. he was very enthusiastic with "You should get some and see if you like them!" Now, I should mention, he's not a man pig, or one of those guys that loves lingerie..he is quite neutral to it honestly. So I knew he was being completely practical.

So, after about 30 minutes sorting and sifting through the abyss that was the panty display, I had gathered a pretty heavy pile of undies...just undies..so we get in line, and wait. The checkout lady was very friendly, I notice this wherever it happens, as I don't see it often. She is ringing everything up and gets to the last 3 pair and says, "These were all panties? Wow..that's a lot of panties! I'll have to get the medium bag...I don't think I've ever used the bigger bags for just panties!"

I was giggling to myself, thinking, it's just that I'm buying the biggest size you have so there's a lot more fabric bulk haha!!

The girls behind the counter were all so surprised, and shocked at the 25 pair haul. I was pretty excited myself..if I'm being completely honest. I haven't been to VS in years, and only purchase for my daughter online. I get home and realize I had 19 pair for myself, and 6 for my daughter. She had recently gotten a large order so she wasn't upset, plus I found her most favorite style that was discontinued online recently.

I found that I am very comfortable in the XL undies from the store I never imagined I'd be able to wear anything from. I was, and kind of still am in shock a little bit. But I definitely feel like I am making progress in my health and weight loss goals, and that is the best thing that I've ever learned by going into that very pink shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holidays are here again....uggh!

ugh! Here we are again, already a crappy holiday..Sophie ran away again on the 16th. This time she tried to say she saw a man coming in the ...