Pages

Monday, February 18, 2019

UFO's...they are all over my house!!

Yea, I really wish it was the cool spaceship kind of UFO's with little aliens inside..I could get them to take me to some other planet.  I'd be a great Rick/Morty character...ah well, no, I'm talking about UFO's..or UFP's...UnFinished Objects/Projects!!

I keep finding little bags of yarns, needles, thread, fabric...so many things I started and just never finished. I tend to keep/hoard, craft items...I have bins and comforter blanket zip bags full and tucked away all over the house and garage, full of yarns or fabric or paracord or lace or threads or linen or scrapbooking supplies or possibly 3 die cutters...you know it's whatever..my point is I may have a problem..but it's ok...that's for another episode.

Today while showing my son how to cross stitch, so he could stitch out a Totodile that I found for him on Etsy. There are so many great designers on Etsy, I found a bunch of super adorable fandom type stuff and we are both kind of excited to do more! I had to find him some thread/floss or whatever you prefer to call this, I call it both. I knew I had at least 3 smallish bins full of the stuff! We found one pretty easily and it had lots of my more expensive stuff unfortunately, so I found him the other bin with the less expensive floss hahaha and we went from there.

ANYWHO, while working with him, I found a little bag with a project I was working on about 5 years ago! It's a cross stitch, based on the movie "Labyrinth". The one with David Bowie, and the crazy muppets and stuff all through it, and the baby in the weird where's waldo pajamas? Yea, you know the one...So this is the "Power of the Babe..." quote and it is surrounded by an art deco kind of frame and I am pretty sure it was supposed to be a gift for someone, but I ended up buying something instead...I may have gotten busy, I may have gotten bored, I may have just run out of time who knows.
                                                                                                          


My son is super excited though because I started stitching on it again a bit and he loves that we can do the same thing together. I hope he loves crafting and grows to do great things. If not then I hope he just does enough to make himself happy :) I love seeing him so happy with himself. He is having some ticking while cross stitching so it isn't like sewing was, but like I said he's happy so I'm happy..

If you stopped in to read, thank you! Don't forget to check out the other post for an amazing book give away!! Yea I'm going to buy you a book..no you can't choose it, but I promise the book I'm giving you is absolutely amazing and I am pretty certain you or someone you know and love needs this book in their life..I am going to be buying a couple copies and framing the pages and hanging them as art when we buy our house...yea...it's that kind of epic...go to that post..leave your comment...do it...do it now...

Until next time, keep going keep breathing, and just keep being you...don't forget to check in on your loved ones and let them know how you're doing and make sure they know you love them...every day.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. While I was definitely picturing alien spacecraft at first, I can relate more to those unfinished projects. They're all over my house too!

    Really cool you're cross-stitching with your son! Maybe he can finish some of those old projects for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I will definitely let him finish any of them he wants to :)

    ReplyDelete

Holidays are here again....uggh!

ugh! Here we are again, already a crappy holiday..Sophie ran away again on the 16th. This time she tried to say she saw a man coming in the ...