Pages

Friday, November 30, 2018

November wrap up!

Whew! Made it! Ok, one more month down, one final month of 2018 to go. This means Christmas is upon us, and it's all downhill from here.. I have orders coming in pretty steady from the shop, I am sending my first order to the UK this weekend!

I'm such a fangirl of all things british haha So this was really exciting for me to see when I got the order notification.

I am getting a little ambitious and making linzer cookies this weekend. I hope they turn out as good as I think they should. I remember when I was little loving these cookies so much! I want my kids to love them too. Plus, whenever our friends come over for Dungeons and Drangons, they seem thoroughly impressed with my baking skills :D  My husband loves having me whip up cookies and such for him to take to work too. One time I hadn't made anything for about a week, and one of his coworkers asked if things were "ok with the Mrs?" since I wasn't baking that week! I thought that was adorable so I threw together some snickerdoodles the next work day.

I really am driven by others expectations too much probably. I love making other people happy. I'm sure it's part of my many afflictions, but I just love to see others happy. Even if it is just because of a cookie..how much easier can it be to please people than to make some cookies..I am pretty sure cookies, made properly, could save the world. No? Has anyone tried it yet? I didn't think so.

Today, I am finishing up the 2 bag orders from yesterday. I then plan on entering the swirling vortex of terror that is the garage (and my sewing room right now), to organize and  plan some fun projects.  I am planning to get the kids to sit down and make some Scandanavian star ornaments, and possibly some folded fabric ball ornaments. Those balls take about a million straight pins though. I only have glass ball top pins, I'll need to see what I have hidden away in all the nooks and crannys and containers and drawers...I'll probably fine a portal to world G493..who knows...stay tuned to find out!

I also need to figure out a better way to get photos in here. I have everything on my phone, like every other person in the world, but my app doesn't like to post to the blog. It's been a very frustrating realization. I'll get to that eventually. I have a bunch of cool project photos I want to post and show all of you (assuming there is more than just 1 person who ever reads this), but even if it is just 1 person, I would love to share these neat little projects with you too.

All month, I've been dreading Christmas, but now I am just accepting it for what it is, as I do every year, and I will roll with it and we will make many crafts and have lots of family fun! Yes, that is what we will do.

I hope any and all of you who may wander by, have a wonderful holiday season, whatever your holiday is or isn't <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holidays are here again....uggh!

ugh! Here we are again, already a crappy holiday..Sophie ran away again on the 16th. This time she tried to say she saw a man coming in the ...